Selenite Broth is an enrichment medium for the isolation of Salmonella species from faecal specimens. Selenite Broth was originally developed by Liefson, and has long been used as a standard method for the selective recovery of Salmonella with the inhibition of other enteric microorganisms such as E. coli and faecal streptococci.
Features and Benefits:
- Recommended application: Swabs from Fecal Transwab® specimens can be transferred to the Selenite Broth tubes, or fecal matter from any stool specimens can be inoculated directly into the broth.
- Supplied in screw cap plastic tubes
- Compatible with the automated processing platforms now present in many clinical microbiology laboratories
- Accepts ‘captured swab’ from Fecal Transwab® or Σ Transwab®
- Easily transferred by removing the complete cap and swab assembly from the Σ Transwab® or Fecal Transwab® tube, and screwing onto the Selenite Broth tube.
- The original cap from the Selenite Broth tube can be used to close the Σ Transwab® or Fecal Transwab® tube.
- Shelf life: 1 year
- Pack size: 50